I mentioned in a previous post that I have a freezer meal group so I thought I would do a post on how it works. I got the idea from Freezer Friends blog. I currently have a total of 3 people in our group which is fine with me since this is my first attempt at a freezer group. This is basically how it works:
- We make three (since that is the total number in our group) of the same thing
- The dish is only the main component of the meal plus anything that is required to make it a main dish. An example would be a box of uncooked pasta and homemade spaghetti with meatballs.
- Each person gets a specific category so there are no duplicates (categories are chicken no pasta, chicken with pasta, beef no pasta, beef with pasta, soups-stews-chili’s, other.) The categories are alternated each month.
- We meet once a month on the 2nd Tuesday every month at 7pm at the same location. So there is no confusion on when we meet.
- Each person brings a cooler to put the meals they will bringing home.
- Lastly, we swap.
It is super easy to organize. I do keep a running spreadsheet on who has done what so that I can keep track on who has cooked what category so that I know what to alternate. Other than that I send out a reminder email. It’s that simple plus you get some yummy meals that are in your freezer. It will give you at least one day off a week from cooking a whole meal start to finish.
If you have any questions feel free to ask. I have links and a more detailed explanation that I can pass on to those interested.