**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.
I love spaghetti! Since, starting Trim Healthy Mama I’ve had to modify my spaghetti and meatballs recipe to fit the plan. If you don’t know anything about Trim Healthy Mama make a point to get the book. I absolutely love the way I eat now and how it makes me feel. I am completely satisfied and do not miss all the carbs. I bought a neat little kitchen gadget the Veggetti to help me make vegetable noodles and I absolutely love how easy it is the use and the lovely spirals it makes. It has two sides one on top and one on bottom for wide or skinny noodles. I prefer to use the wide and I find they hold up better with spaghetti sauce.
Here is a picture of a bowl full of zucchini noodle goodness. I typically will chop up the end of the zucchini and add it to the noodles for some extra texture and to prevent waste. I hate to waste good veggies.
The great thing about the Veggetti is you can also use it for yellow squash and any other vegetable that you want to spiral of course some are easier to work with tham others.
Now on to the Meatball recipe.
- 1 package of ground turkey meat
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder or more depending on your taste
- 3-4 tablespoons of onion flakes
- 1 small Joseph low carb pita (toasted and ground into bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Coconut or Olive Oil for browning
Mix all ingredients together. Form into meatballs. Brown in oil of your choice – do not cook all the way if adding to slow cooker. If you are not adding to a slow cooker you need to cook the meatballs till no longer pink in the center.
Spaghetti Sauce recipe:
- 1 jar of store-bought no sugar or less than 1 gram of sugar sauce
- 1 jar of tomatoes crushed or whole (I used some home canned whole tomatoes that I blended in my Vitamix)
- 1 tablespoon of Italian Herb Mix
- 1 tablespoon of Garlic Powder
Add above into slow cooker with meatballs and cook for 3-4 hours until meatballs are cooked and sauce thickened. Helpful hint: remove slow cooker lid for last 30 minutes to help thicken.
Here is a picture of the final product and what I like to call Zucchinetti and Meatballs. Yum and a satisfying Trim Healthy Mama “S” meal. Serve with a side salad with a creamy no sugar dressing or some steamed broccoli.